Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Review: Estee Lauder Night Creme

It is about time I blog about one of my latest beauty secret, which I have briefly mentioned here. I got this amazing (and expensive) night creme as a gift from my mother. Knowing myself, I would usually prefer not to spend exorbitant amount on beauty products. However, this product really changed my perceptions about night creams. I never knew how they work or whether they work or not but now I do and I'm going to share it with you.

Night creams works differently than day moisturisers as it rejuvenates your skin as you sleep and does not contain SPF. They tend to have a slightly oily texture to it and I love the fact that this Estee Lauder cream is still pretty light and does not feel heavy or too oily on your skin despite its oily texture. I have been using this for over a month now and initially I realised that every morning when I wake up my jaw appears sharper. The puffiness around the bottom of my cheeks has reduced and I honestly thought it was psychological. However, on days where I forget to put the cream, my jaw looks puffy again. Then when I use it again, my jaw becomes sharper. Yesterday, I went through some old photos and realised that my jaw has indeed become sharper. Some friends have also commented on this fact, so I'm pretty sure it works! I did some research and found that this happens because night creams "contain higher concentration of collagen than a day cream. This enhances skin elasticity and firmness and prevents premature aging of the skin." (Source here). This means that it has the ability to lift up the skin, plus I personally believe that it helps reduce water retention too which is also a cause of puffiness. 

So now, I have became an avid believer in night creams. A little sidetrack here: Many people think that anti-aging products should be used when you're older (say 30s or 40s) but that's so NOT TRUE. Women starts aging in their twenties (this was scientifically proven, I would know as this was a research done by my former clients I was working with). In fact, it was from this research that I started realising the benefits of anti-aging products and have been using anti-aging moisturizers since then (which was almost 2 years back). Now that I realise the potential of night creams as well, I am definitely going to continue using them together with my anti-aging day creams! I believe any women in their mid twenties should do so too. Remember, prevention is always better than cure :) 




p/s: I also sleep better with night cream on. Does this happen to you too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this on Facebook

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...