Thursday, May 8, 2014

Top 5 favourite looks from the Met Gala

I just read an article from WhoWhatWear featuring the 60 best looks from the recent Met Gala in New York (click here for full post). Though there were many celebrities decked in fabulous dresses, I thought I'd share my favourite 5! Here are the top 5 red carpet looks that I would totally wear.


Hailee Steinfield's monocrome dress caught my eye because the high neckline is totally in fashion right now and the asymmetrical hem added some uniqueness to this piece. Why hide gorgeous shoes under your dress anyway? Oh the fact that I'm a sucker for monochrome helped too. 



Selena does it again for me on the red carpet. I am also loving how the dress hugs in the right places, the wine dress and oxblood lips combo, and how the large earrings complemented the whole look.


As usual the Olsen twins came in their signature "matronly" gowns which gives us another love it or hate it dilemma. I've always been a fan of them so I'm not sure if that is why I actually get their looks. In this case, I am totally getting Ashley Olsen's (left) vintage Chanel dress and her pearl earrings...and her cheekbones...and her sleek ponytail hair. I also love the fact that they are practical too (it is cold in New York!). However, I must say I'm not quite getting Mary Kate's outfit though so Ashley wins this round.


This is another gorgeous ensemble from Leighton Meester. I love the gold embroidery which reminds me of the Great Gatsby. I also love that she chose to cover up her arms and go for a deep V instead. 


If there was an award for being on-trend, Emma Stone would have definitely won it. Love how she incorporated the cropped top into a black-tie appropriate outfit. A little sideboob helps too ;) 

Which is your favourite? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this on Facebook

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...