Sunday, August 24, 2014

Johor Bahru: Johor Premium Outlets

OOTD: Red button down jersey shirt, Mango Suit | Navy skinny trousers cuffed at the hem, Kitschen | My trusty kicks, Adidas

During my recent work trip to Johor Bahru, I had a couple hours to kill after work and before my night flight to Penang, so my local colleague decided to bring us to Johor Premium Outlets (JPO) since it was on the way to the airport. Girls being girls, you can't resist a potential shopping trip right? I've heard a lot about JPO since it opened so I was very keen on finding out how "cheap" the stuff can get here.


Upon arrival, I must say I really liked the calm and serene ambiance that really reminded me of outlet stores in Los Angeles (not that I've been there but I've seen places like this on the vlogs of some LA Youtubers I follow). It was a Thursday evening so it was pretty quiet since it's still a work day for most people.

Upon walking the stores, I found that there were many high end brands here all having offers up to 50% - 70% off. However, I'm not a designer handbag girl so most of the stuff even after 50% off was still pricey to me! Though if you do want to buy some designer gear, I would say you could get a good deal from here.


I soon discovered that there were some lower end outlets as well, like Cotton On, Padini, Voir, Espirit, Gap, Charles & Keith and a couple others I can't remember. These were mostly located at the end of the lot and on the first floor. Some of them like Cotton On don't really give you much discounts, the discounts you find at the outlet is equivalent to those you find at their usual stores. In the end, all I got was a basic tee from Padini. 

There are some cafes and a couple of restaurants around so we grabbed a quick coffee before heading off to the airport. After this experience, I would only recommend this place if you are into designer gear or if you want to get cheap stuff from outlets like Padini or Espirit but bearing in mind that these are mostly off-season pieces or basic stuff.

Stay tuned for my next travel post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this on Facebook

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...