Sunday, February 15, 2015

My iCity Adventure!


So a couple of weeks ago, I scored free passes to iCity in Shah Alam. iCity has been around for years and known for its neon trees at night BUT little is known that it has since evolved into a budget theme park. Yes, I say budget because its attractions are priced lower than your usual Sunway Lagoon, Disneyland and Universal Studios fares. Having said that, don't expect top notch facilities and attractions there, it is a budget park after all. The good thing is, you have a choice of paying for individual attractions instead of getting the full park pass. So this gives way to more flexibility. It is also very suitable to bring young children and old people there since the attractions are pretty mild (no extreme rides there if you are looking for an adrenaline rush).  

Although my pass is a full park pass, I didn't have enough time & energy to explore the water park. Mainly because I spent the most time at Red Carpet. Red Carpet is basically the first wax museum in Malaysia and many people actually doesn't know of its existence yet! You don't need to go all the way to Madame Tussauds Hong Kong to see your favourite stars up close anymore! 


Even though I went on a Saturday, it wasn't packed at all which was great because I get all the wax figures to myself (errr...I didn't mean to sound creepy). I actually get to break up a royal wedding, share a seat with the late Nelson Mandela, do the Gangnam style with Psy and more crazy stuff without being judged or photo-bombed by other tourists hah!




Next up was the Space Mission which was included in my pass. Unfortunately, this attraction is nothing to shout about. Unless you are into aliens & robots. There is a mini ride in it but like I said, nothing to shout about. If you are around till past 6pm, you could go on a Segway ride which I was looking forward to do, but didn't stay around long enough to do that...

The only cool thing worth taking a picture of in Space Mission

Another attraction I was really looking forward to is Snowalk. Basically, it is just another Snow House with a minus 5 degree temperature. I have been to snow houses before but can never last long enough to enjoy myself... so this time I came prepared with covered shoes and a wool cardigan to wear inside of my down jacket. It totally worked. One compliment I have is, the down jacket that was provided by them is pretty good and will actually keep you warm (from my experience other snow houses provides thinner jackets).



I think I spent at least half an hour in here which is a record for me! I LOVE THE COLD. It makes my skin and hair so nice. Plus, I love styling layers which I barely get to do in a tropical climate! #firstworldproblems

The closest I can get to being in a real igloo.


My mysterious date in an ice house ;)

The second last stop we went to was totally unexpected. It is called a Trick Art Museum and I didn't know what to expect because I have not been to one. Turns out, it is really interesting and worth exploring. 


 It is filled with 3D paintings where if you stand in certain positions, can create a really interesting picture, as seen in the examples above.


While I am at it, I might as well make a trip to my home town and check out Stonehenge ;)

The last attraction for the day is called Typhoon and I am sorry I don't have pictures because I didn't want to get my phone wet. It's a new attraction where you get put into a room to experience how it's like when a typhoon hits. Pretty interesting! 

So, that is it for my mini adventure in iCity. Recommended if you want to do something a little different with your other half or your family. If you still have the energy to stay till the night, don't forget to take a stroll in the park :)

Pic from Wikimedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this on Facebook

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...