Monday, November 21, 2011

Avocado Hair Mask: Does it really work?

So, I've been hearing a lot about homemade hair masks from influential fashion and beauty bloggers, but never really got around trying any until last week when my mother brought home some avocados. Now, I have never eaten a raw avocado before (the closest I got were those on Dragon Rolls in sushi restaurants) and I must say, the taste of avocado, raw from the fruit is not really to my liking. It is practically tasteless and has a creamy texture to it. Some described it as a butter taste but I rather eat a block of butter than an avocado. So instead of wasting the expensive fruit, I decided to make a hair mask out of it.

The ingredients:
One avocado
2 drops of olive oil
One teaspoon of honey

Instructions:
Mash them all up together with a spoon! 

As simple as that. Once you're done mashing, it should look like a disgusting green and yellow goo. Something like mash peas. The mistake I made was that I did not mash it up finely so there were still little chunks of avocado here and there. After that, just apply it all over your hair and put a shower cap over your head. I didn't have a shower cap so I used hair clips instead (as seen in picture below). 


The verdict: You may not see a major difference immediately but your hair does feel much softer after awhile. It also gives you a nice fresh scent on your hair.

Will I do it again? Not unless I have extra avocados lying around. Due to time and cost constraints, you may want to just stick to conditioner.

That's all for today! Been enjoying my holidays with fun, food, shopping, Game of Thrones, Barrack Obama's book and running errands :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this on Facebook

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...