Saturday, September 20, 2014

5 quick ways to de-stress

We are faced with a lot of stress in our day to day lives which takes a toll on our mental, emotional and physical health. So it is very important to try and reduce our stress levels for a well-balanced life. Sure, there are some relaxing activities we could do to reduce stress like go to the spa, get a haircut or hit the gym. But those often require time and money so instead, here are some of my quick and easy tips to de-stress! 


This may seem so basic but it is very true that having breakfast like a king pays off. I like to have my breakfast, especially my coffee unrushed. For the past few months, I have even started reading during breakfast and it really helps set a peaceful mood for the day. Reading is a relaxing activity, good food keeps my tummy acids happy and coffee completes my morning so a combination of those 3 sets my mood for the rest of the day. 



Once in awhile we just need to get out of the office environment and work somewhere else. Even if it is just for a day or half a day, it is good to take a break from mundane work environment while still being able to get your work done. The next time your job requires you to travel a bit or attend training and events, appreciate it! Alternatively, if your work doesn't have such activities, talk to your boss about working from home or off-site for a day or half. It does make a difference. 


No, it is not what you think it is. I'm talking about Vitamin B Complex which comprises of eight B vitamins — B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12. It is known as an anti-stress vitamin because of its ability to protect the body's immune system. It is distinctly yellow in colour and may smell a bit funky but it does your body good! You can get them for real cheap (about RM1.50 per strip) so don't forget to stock up at the pharmacy the next time you're there.


I know this seems like a no brainer, but I know so many people who complain so much that it makes me wonder why they can't be a bit more positive. One easy way to be positive is by looking forward to something and motivating yourself by telling yourself that no matter how shitty your day is going to be, at the end of it, you are going to be doing something you like. For example, my favourite form of motivation is knowing that I have stuff planned for the weekend. Every time I am feeling stressed, I just tell myself to look forward to the weekend where I will be doing happy activities :)


This is something I've only discovered recently. One fine evening I stood outside of my house and gazed at the sky which was surprisingly clear that night. There is something so calming about seeing the beautiful stars, the constant airplanes flying above me and the peacefulness of night. It reminds you of how big the universe is and how small you are in comparison to it. Yes, your problems are tiny compared to the universe so relax and take it easy.


Hope you found these tips helpful. Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this on Facebook

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...