Sunday, December 18, 2011

Mission Accomplished

Mission: To see Tom Cruise climb the world tallest building in the largest digital screen in Malaysia.
Accomplished:  15th December 2011, 11.15pm.




So on Thursday, I got invited to watch a special screening of the latest instalment of Mission Impossible, Ghost Protocol at the largest digital screen in Malaysia. To those who are wondering where this so-called big screen is, I am talking about GSC Maxx in Berjaya Times Square. Truth to be told, last night was not my first time watching a movie in this cinema. In fact, I still remember my first time was Memoirs of a Geisha (yes that’s like ages ago) in 2005 if I am not mistaken. But somehow, last night’s experience felt much more amazing than my first experience 6 years ago!

I soon found out the reason was simple. Six years ago it was an IMAX theatre whereas now, it is taken over by Golden Screen Cinemas and the folks at GSC have incorporated dual digital projectors to gain the most optimal brightness for a large screen. So, that explains why the images in Memoirs of a Geisha were not as sharp.  In addition, they just added Dolby 7.1 sound system so you can hear EVERYTHING very clearly, like the swooshing of sands during the sandstorm (oops sorry! Didn’t mean to spoil the movie for those who have not watched it ;)! 


Yeap, you can just imagine how good this scene looked on a big clear screen!
Just to sidetrack a little, Tom Cruise really did climb the world’s tallest building, which is the Burj Khalifa in Dubai. I went and did some googling and found a comparison to our very own Petronas Twin Towers below.


The Burj Khalifa on the far left is so much taller!! 
 Anyway, back to GSC Maxx, here are some pictures I took last night.


Ok, I did not take this last picture but got it from GSC because I wanted to show you people the hall! 
 Now the difference between this cinema and the usual cinemas is firstly, the screen is really huge (24 metres to be exact), the seats are spacious enough (ladies will have enough space to put your handbag beside you instead of on your lap), the walkway between each row is big enough to get through without stepping on someone else’s toe or getting stepped on which is really annoying, and the best part of it all, well for couples at least……is the removable arm rest! This may not be relevant to everyone but it makes holding hands in the cinema much easier to those who need to  So guys you know where to bring your dates to next time  :D

Oh and the hall actually looks bigger than this picture as it seats a whooping 555 people. Plus, the seats are positioned in one long row so there is minimal head turning action needed because you won’t be seated in the far corner by the wall, like some of the normal cinema seats. Lastly, even if you got the front row seat, I believe there would not be much difficulty watching the movie because there is sufficient space between the front row and the screen.

All in all, it was an awesome experience topped with an awesome movie! Truly got me glued to my seat the whole time =) 
What I am wearing: grey Zara cardigan, denim corset top from Times Square, UNIQLO jeans, Teetoo structured bag

I would highly recommend watching any action packed movies in this cinema to be able to fully enjoy the sound effects, action scenes etc etc! Plus, the price is not that expensive as well. It’s only RM15 for Digital 2D movies and RM20 for 3D (regardless of weekdays, weekends or public holidays) which is just one or two ringgit extra than your usual cinema prices. Pretty good deal I think…

In fact, I think watching 3D movies in this cinema would be even better, like Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace which is coming soon!! Can you imagine how good those light sabers will look in 3D? :D


Yes, I am ending this post with a picture of me trying to be a Jedi LOL.
If you’re interested in checking out GSC Maxx here’s the address:
GSC Maxx | Website
10.08, 10th Floor,
Berjaya Times Square,
No.1, Jalan Imbi,
55100, Wilayah Persekutuan,
Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03- 2145 5968

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this on Facebook

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...